Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lovenade

So, we've had to cut our wedding budget back a little bit due to unforeseen circumstances.  Namely, no one wants to buy our house, and I don't know WHY.  We did so much hard work on it for months and months of painting and magic erasering crayon art off of the walls and recarpeting and finding more crayon to erase magically, and...we can't even get a showing!  Not a single showing in the almost 3 weeks it's been on the market.

Anyway, that, my friends, is not the point of this blog.  This blog is about Lovenade.  Couples at weddings, they have cocktail hour for their guests after the ceremony while they take pictures and such, and a lot of couples create a signature cocktail that is circulated for the guests.  Well, we aren't having alcohol at our wedding.  It is crazy expensive, and only 25% of our guests even imbibe the stuff.  So, I was flipping through The Knot, and they had signature cocktail recipes and the whatnot (whatKnot haha), and one of them looked a bit like lemonade, so I says to Eric, I says, "WAKE UP!!!!! IT IS 2 A.M. AND I HAVE TO TELL YOU SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT! WE SHOULD MAKE A SIGNATURE LEMONADE AT THE WEDDING!"  It didn't exactly go that way.  Anyway, the end result is that we would like to have a signature lemonade to be circulated at the wedding, some strawberry mango concoction, etc.  We'll call it Lovenade.

Except that kinda sounds like a free love concert in the 70s....

4 You Said What?:

Lady Hill said...

I love it! We had a signature drink at our wedding plus a special drink for the few kids we had there. People still talk about it.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I'm suddenly reminded of McLovin' from that one movie... Ha! I love the idea of a special bevvie!!

TheXile said...

Agreed. I LOVE this idea! So life has given you some strawberries and mangos and lemons, and you're making lovenade!

Alex said...

delicious!